A number of things occurred in the world of Batman: Arkham City this weekend. A new magazine released in a newspaper in Australia that featured a new image that confirms that Penguin will be in the game.
The paper had a discussion with Dax Ginn about the character and this is what he had to say.
Many people had guessed penguin would be featured in the game: one of the early trailers revealed the iceberg lounge, the trendy nightclub owned by Oswald Cobblepot, aka the penguin. He will definitely be one of the big bads you will face, introduced after you solve one of Riddler's puzzles. The first thing Penguin does is order his minions to kill batman, as any self-respected villain would. according to Ginn, putting a slightly different spin on such an established character was one of the highlights for the Rocksteady team. " The way that penguin has always been portrayed is as quite an aristocratic, well-spoken gentleman who's got these twisted delusions of grandeur" he says. "So we've made him a really horrible, nasty piece of work – but still with the delusion of grandeur. He dresses well, but in a poor taste, and we've made him this brutish, brutal guy but also key into collection fascination that hes had through out the years.
Also in the paper it mentioned that Black Mask and Mr. Freeze would be appearing in the game although it is unknown if they assumed this or if it was confirmed by Ginn.
Also a UK magazine Game Masters posted up an article in their most recent issue about the game and laid out more details.
– Arkham City's gang wars aren't "dynamic like an RTS".
– Compares them to Ivy's influence on the environment in Arkham Asylum. As a faction takes control in the story, it changes the nature of the district.
– "Gang wars aren't a game system, it's a narrative system."
– Penguin has no bird like mannerisms.
– First mission involving Penguin has you rescuing Police officers from his "museum".
– Penguin has a cockney accent.
– Penguin lines include: "You ere' for the cops, Batman… or me?" – "If someone wants it, I like to think I got it.. and if I don't have it, I'll get it."
– Penguin then orders his thugs to take out Batman.
– Thugs throw things at Batman only for him to catch them and throw them back.
– Joker's one armed thug and Penguin's one armed thug were once conjoined twins. They're called the "Abramovici Twins".
Posted by Dustin Fritschel