After months of waiting, we can finally confirm that DC Universe, the streaming service created to house loads of DC Comics content, will be going live on September 15, which also happens to be Batman Day this year. The announcement came during a live edition of DC Daily hosted by Kevin Smith. Alongside the announcement of a release date for the service, it was also revealed that DC Daily itself will have a rotating cast of hosts including John Barrowman, Samm Levine, and Harley Quinn Smith. The show will be the first place for news and content related to the DC Universe and DC Comics at large.
Additional details were also revealed about DC Universe that we’ve compiled below:
- DC Universe is offering The Ultimate Batman Studio Tour Sweepstakes. All fans who pre-order until Wednesday, September 12 (5:59 a.m. PT) will be automatically entered for a chance to win.
- Titans will have a release date of October 12, which was a bit of surprise seeing as how many assumed the show would launch alongside the service.
- The first two seasons of Young Justice will be available to stream from day one. Season 3 will be released in 2019.
- Available to read through the service will be Batman: Gothic, The Authority series, Green Arrow: Year One, Shazam, The New Teen Titans, Identity Crisis, The Batman Adventures, Jack Kirby’s New Gods among others.
- DC Universe subscriptions will be priced at $7.99 per month or $74.99 annually. Membership includes all the content highlighted above plus any other digital content made available through the service.
Do you plan on signing up on day one are will you wait for Titans to start streaming before jumping aboard? Let us know in the comments below!