Warner Bros. has announced the launch of a brand new app featuring the Bat-Tech theme. Earlier this year, we brought word that Warner Bros. was teaming up with their licensees to offer a theme focused on the tech Batman works with. We have seen multiple items release throughout the year, but now a brand new app has launched using augmented reality to bring even more fun to the theme.
The free mobile app is now available for iOS and Android devices. It is intended for kids ages six to twelve and is available in thirteen different languages. Above you can see screenshots of the app, while here are the features listed in the press release.
- Augmented reality (AR) missions: Through the new app’s AR features, kids become a member of Batman’s new Knightwatch team and immerse themselves in original Batman crime-fighting missions. The amazing AR provides a realistic 3D experience that draws upon engineering and design concepts to make Batman’s Bat-Tech come to life.
- Mini games: Users can play a Batman-themed mobile driving game where players test their skills at driving the Batmobile; Batarang Practice where players face off against the clock and find out how many targets they can knock down; and the Grapnel Launcher game where players must run and jump while utilizing Batman’s abilities to overcome obstacles.
- AR face filters: Kids can transform into Batman, The Joker, Batgirl and more of Gotham City’s most iconic characters using these fun filters and can save photos and share them with friends and family.
- Sticker packs: Users can decorate photos with a variety of Batman-themed stickers, turning an ordinary shot into a cool Batman story.
- Batman Bat-Tech video content: The app connects to the extremely popular DCKids’ YouTube channel. A new series, entitled “Batman Science Lab” will launch this fall exploring the real-world applications of Batman’s technology.
- New missions, games, filters, sticker packs, and video content will be added and updated on a regular basis to keep the app experience fresh and fun for kids.
There is also an exclusive digital comic series called Batman: Knightwatch. You can watch a trailer for the app above.
In addition to the new app, Spin Master has released the Batmobile featured in the app with the new RC Batmobile. The all-terrain vehicle can drive in any direction up to one hundred feet away. The Batmobile features a rechargeable remote that has out-of-range sensors and is compatible with any of the four-inch figures from Spin Master. It retails for $54.99 and is available now at Target.