We reported a few months ago that DC has created two imprints that will cater to younger readers and tell stories that feature many popular characters of the universe. We now have additional details on the titles that are set for release for the DC Zoom and DC Ink lines.
DC Zoom targets middle-grade readers ages 8-12 and will tell stories focused on friends, family and growing up. The line will debut in April 2019 with Super Sons: The Polarshield Project, written by award-winning middle-grade author Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez. The complete list of creative teams for the first wave of DC Zoom titles include:
- Super Sons: The Polarshield Project (April 2019)- written by Ridley Pearson and illustrated by Ile Gonzalez
- DC Super Hero Girls: Spaced Out (May 2019) –written by Shea Fontana, and illustrated by Agnes Garbowska
- Batman: Overdrive (August 2019)– written by Shea Fontana and illustrated by Marcelo Di Chiara
- Black Canary: Ignite (October 2019)– written by Meg Cabot and illustrated by Cara McGee
DC Ink will publish thought-provoking stories for young adults, readers ages 13+, that focus on everyday aspirations, struggles and triumphs. The line will also launch in April 2019 with the highly anticipated Mera coming-of-age tale, Mera: Tidebreaker from New York Times bestselling YA author Danielle Paige and artist Stephen Byrne. Complete creative teams for the first round of DC Ink graphic novels include:
- Mera: Tidebreaker (April 2019) – written by Danielle Paige and illustrated by Stephen Byrne
- Under The Moon: A Catwoman Tale (May 2019)– written by Lauren Myracle and illustrated by Isaac Goodhart
- Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass (June 2019)– written by Mariko Tamaki and illustrated by Steve Pugh
- Teen Titans: Raven (July 2019)– written by Kami Garcia and illustrated by Gabriel Picolo
You can definitely tell by the covers of the titles that the characters are being re-interpreted in a new way. The redesigns fit a more light-hearted tone with new looks for Harley Quinn, Black Canary, and the Super Sons. Hopefully, these titles will help welcome new fans and possibly even entertain older readers.
Which title are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below.